Legacy's Work Boots

Tuesday 10 October 2017


This post is about Legacy's work boots, these are the ones I have that work best for her after trying many different types on her. I've found that she can only have a certain type of boot that fits her leg shape. She has to have the type of boots that are structured and not the ones which incorporate the brushing pad into the boot. 



For her overreach boots she has the Roma Fleece Trim Rubber boots. She has these on when she ridden and also when she's out in the field as her legs are close together and she clips herself as she's running around the field. 



For her front brushing boots she has the Mark Todd Collection 2 strap boots. These offer her great protection, and are kept secure on her legs by the double locking velcro system. They have a velcro strap going towards the front then another towards the back to have double security. 



Her back boots are the Roma Pebble Splint Brushing Boots. I first bought these when I first got Legacy as I was going to start putting boots on her before I realised that she actually needed to wear them whenever she's ridden. These have a through a ring and back on itself closure. Over the years the rings have become rusty which I'm really gutted about but they offer Legacy a great amount of protection and I'm not sure I'd be able to find another pair of boots I like so much that will fit her properly. She needs these boots as she's very close behind and kicks herself. When she does this when being ridden she drops and loses her footing until she's regained herself. 

Ideally she needs to have the turnout with the over reach boots on her hinds as she kicks her coronet bands when in the field too. This is something I'm not too sure about trying though as she'd never had brushing boots on her hinds before I got her and it's only very recently gotten safe to put them on without her reacting.
(Yes that's poo on her hind foot, I took the chance to get this picture while she was standing still, unfortunately she'd just stood in the poo.)









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Skimlinks Test