Horse products we also use on ourselves!

Friday 6 October 2017



I seen someone post on a Facebook group the other day that they also use some of their horses products and it really got me thinking about what products we buy for our horses that we also use.

Vet Wrap

I'd probably say this is the most popular product that's aimed for horses that us humans use. Got a sprain? We've got vetwrap for that. Broken something? There's vet wrap for that too. Other uses for this are also:
- Sling for an arm
- Used to secure a splint
- Padding for crutches

Body Shine Spray

My colleague in work uses her horses Carr, Day & Martin dreamcoat in her hair. When she first told me she does this I was a little confused, then she brought it to work one day to show me how it works and I must say I was amazed with how well it worked. Yes it does the same to human hair as it does for horses, shiny and conditions, but this is something I'd of never thought about using in my hair as there are products like this out there aimed at keeping the mud off. I don't know why but this horse selling point never made me want to use it on my own hair. I've heard of other people using similar products to this from other brands and it working just as well. This is something I still haven't tried, but I will one day.

Shampoo

Remember that craze not long ago when all the celebrities swore by mane n' tail shampoo. If you didn't already know, it's a horse shampoo. After everyone joining on the bandwagon trying it out, the facts that horse shampoo is too harsh for human hair came to light. It basically strips everything from your hair, I mean if that's what you're after by all means go for it but it's bound to cause some damage to your hair over time. I knew that the company behind that shampoo had created a human safe one but I've just seen it available in Boots and there's now 8 different types available there. Oh how great minds think. 
I've also heard of people using the Gallop blue shampoo for grey's. As this helps with their blonde hair such as a purple shampoo would.

Aloe Vera

If you told me the amount of customers that I've sold pure aloe vera to for sunburn in work it probably wouldn't shock me. It's a great all around product and although it's 'for' horses it can sometimes be found cheaper for them than it can for humans. 

Hibiscrub & Purple Spray

Little did I know until the other day they now sell Hibiscrub in the likes of Boots. For some reason I always thought that it would be too harsh for the human skin as I've even heard of it being too harsh for horses. But if it works for our horses it's good enough for us.
Purple spray is a new one I hadn't heard of until said Facebook, but I suppose when you think about it apart from the colour there's nothing really stopping us from using it. If it does the intended job why not?

Udder Cream

Anyone guess what this one is used for? Hand cream. Until I had a customer ask me for this in work and I suggested something else when we were out of stock I wouldn't have thought of using it. There's much more expensive hand creams out there that would do the same job, heck probably some that are about triple the price that wouldn't do as good as of a job. 

Muscle Ointment

My colleague previously mentioned bought some muscle ointment for her own back, initially as you would I thought she was buying this for her horse but no, it was for herself. You rub in a tiny amount there the pain in and it definitely helps. This has done wonders for me when I've been stiff after a lesson for fall. 

Are there any other products you have bought for your horse but have used on yourself that I've missed out?




2 comments:

  1. Haha, yes! And I've also seen people use polo wraps for half chaps!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Skimlinks Test