Things They Don't Tell You About Adulting

Monday 17 September 2018


One of the hardest things I've found this year is balancing time and money. Having to work full time to be able to comfortably pay the bills, pay for Legacy's livery and have some money to buy food and day to day items.
Working full time for the money to pay to keep Legacy and pay the bills means less time to spend with Legacy, Putting you right in a catch 22 situation. Obviously during the summer the days are longer I can find a bit more time to do more with Legacy before the winter time hits and it becomes the same routine everyday of wake up, head to the yard to put the horses out, and off to work. Depending on the time of winter and if it's light enough around 5, I will help my mum get them in after work.

Legacy hasn't been ridden since before Christmas last year and now I'm buying presents for Christmas this year it's actually scaring me how much little time I've had for her this year so far. After my Granny died in February we moved house in the April, the landlord wanted to freshen up the house before we moved in but we'd booked time off work to move and due to the last person moving out late we said If we can move that week we'll do the decorating of the house. After starting that we realised it wasn't going to be a quick job of just painting over the paper on the walls, the paper needed to be stripped off. Turns out there was 2 layers of wall paper in the living room. That room isn't even 100% finished now, after doing the bathroom we started our room which is only getting close to finished now and then the kitchen still needs doing.
To add to all this we got our first dog in the April too to add to our family of us two and the cat, then a kitten came along and about a month to two months ago we got a puppy. Having the elder cat and dog was fine as they didn't demand much time, but with the kitten and puppy obviously being babies they need you more. 


These are just some of the things that life throws at you, that you don't think of when people say get a horse. Now that the kitten is now 6 months old and the puppy is now just over 4 months old, they're used to just fitting in with the other 2 and I'm able to get out more and not have to worry about them being at home as much. Saying that I'm also hoping to organise my time as lot more now, as I've been having a diary throughout the year and I've tried diary's before and this is the longest I've kept on top of one and it's getting me much more organised in general. I just need to get my time management a bit better and to get the motivation to get up when I'm doing nothing at home and do more with Legacy. I've also been put off quite a bit by having just Legacy and Cloudy in the field together so at the start of the summer if one of them came in so did the other but it had to be rushed so the other didn't panic, and the way Legacy can act in the school when it comes to work also put me off work so when it came to possibly adding the 2 together I didn't have any motivation to do anything with her. 

I walked her over poles the other day when my mum was also in the arena on Cloudy, so we're getting back into it. I tried to run with her in a trot over the poles but she was a bit keen with her trot which she tried to turn into canter but unfortunately I had to stop her as I only had a lead rope. Next time I do this with her I'm going to use a lunge line instead and hopefully doing something different with make her less difficult when it comes to me getting back on board.








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Skimlinks Test