Hay Box Subscription Box Review

Saturday 9 April 2016




This is the first box of a new equine subscription box, from Hay Box.
They have 2 boxes available in the horse category a standard box which has goodies up to the value of £25+ and is £15.00 + P&P a month or a deluxe box which is up to the value of £35+ and is £20.00 + P&P a month. It offers items for both yourself & your horse.

The box which I have subscribed for is the Deluxe box which is pictures above. The Items which I got in my box are as follows:

- 8 Ft green & black lead rope
- Red & White spotty hood pick & brush
- Likit Treat bar in Cherry
- Toggi riding socks
- Black full size Diamante brow band
- Red super grip riding gloves
- Local Free Magazine 

As this was my first box of the subscription service I received a discount code which is Start. This means you can get £6.00 off of your first box, meaning they will either be £11.00 + P&P or £14.00 + P&P. This is great to have a discount so you can try it out without having to spend the whole price.

Overall I was happy with my items, the lead rope will come in very handy as they are always going missing and walkabouts on the yard so I will be keeping this one in my car as a spare for personal use. You can never have enough hoof picks in my personal preference, I think all together I'm nearly in double figures with my collection ranging from standard ones to the ones with brushes. Legacy doesn't like anything from the Likit range, neither does my mums horse, neither of them will entertain it and if you manage to get it in their mouths it's straight on the floor next second, so the treat bar went to her stable friend who will never turn down anything Likit. 

Again riding socks is something I like to collect so having these in the box was great for me, the heels seem to wear away on the ones I've had a while so some need replacing. I've never been a person for diamante tack and have always said that I'll never have Legacy in one no matter how much my mum says she'll look pretty in it, but I find this one nice a subtle and I will actually use it, next time the bridle comes home for a good clean I'm going to change it over. Shocking things do happen!
Next up is the super grip riding gloves, I'm really gutted about these as they came in a size large and with my tiny fingers I have to have child's gloves or be very lucky to find a adult small with short fingers, so these went over to my mum, but gloves are something new I'm getting into and have struggled to find any that I'm comfortable riding in until I tried on some child's ones, I love them to be like a second skin. 
The magazine is one which I also get in my local area but the name has just been changed to 'Welsh Rider', all of the articles are the same so I'd already read this one but it's a great little added extra to the box. 

The March box is no longer available but you can now order ready for the April box, I promise to have my review up earlier in the month while the April box is still available for the next one.
So you can all have a spy before ordering if you would like.

Don't forget the discount code: start for when ordering your first box.

Website is here and box choosing is here



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Skimlinks Test