Moved Again, For The Final Time.....Hopefully.

Monday 15 December 2014

So it's happened again and I've moved Legacy. This time she's in one of the best yards in my area with an outdoor school, cross country jumps near by and also a small hack from the beach.
As far as I'm aware she hasn't been in an outdoor school, so this would be her first time working there, as the yard is also a farm there are many different animals such as sheep, cows, pigs and chickens around which she hasn't seen before, this is taking her a little time to get used to.

The first time I rode her in the school there were some sheep around the school, when she seen them she shot to the other half of the arena, the funny thing is the sheep didn't even move. Now being in a new place she has to become used to all these new things, it will take her time but she'll get there.

So far she's been ridden in the school twice, once on her own and once with another. While she was with the other horse I found her very fizzy and wanting to take off, the result I came to with this was that she thought she was back racing and wanted to do nothing but that. I think there was around 3 times where I felt like she was going to take off and jump the school fences out. Thankfully I managed to get control before that happened any of the times. All the joys of re schooling an ex racehorse I suppose.

This was just a quick update on where she is now and now I have a decent place to work with her, hopefully I will be able to achieve what I want with her. Will be back with another post with a feed supplement review within the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Skimlinks Test